We advise employers in respect of complaints of unlawful discrimination and act in defending proceedings in this regard. We also advise employers on governance structures to adopt in order to address these matters as well as how best to investigate and deal with complaints or issues as they arise.
- drafting workplace policies and other guidelines
- advising on disciplinary processes and workplace investigations
- advising on termination of employment issues and procedures
- defending unlawful termination, General Protections and wrongful termination proceedings
- advising employers in respect of unlawful discrimination, harassment and bullying complaints and acting in proceedings in respect of these complaints
- Advising an international television broadcaster on the implementation of investigation protocols and processes
- Defending unfair dismissal proceedings for a national postal organisation and responding to sexual harassment and sex discrimination complaints in the Australian Human Rights Commission
- Defending a national recruitment business from a racial discrimination/religious vilification complaint
- Defending one of Australia’s largest independent non-bank cash flow financiers regarding a sexual harassment complaint
- Undertaking investigations into bullying complaints and defending proceedings alleging disability discrimination for a statutory agency
- Defending Australia’s largest shopping centre owner regarding adverse action claims and advising on investigations
- Acting for a Sydney radio station in General Protections proceedings where an injunction was sought against our client to prevent the dismissal of an announcer on the alleged grounds of political opinion. After a number of interlocutory hearings the matter was resolved before a final hearing.