“We work as a national team dealing with state and Commonwealth laws in their commercial and practical context to deliver outstanding results and client service.”
Our Planning, Environment and Sustainability Law Group benefits from our people’s hands on experience gained working both with and within planning authorities. Coupled with our work for the private sector, this enables us to provide our clients with practical, strategic and knowledgeable advice in relation to environmental, planning and regulatory issues.
We act for developers, institutional and other owners, investors, financiers, construction companies, energy and utility and other infrastructure providers, resource companies, government departments and agencies, including the NSW Department of Planning, local Councils, consultants and others involved in the development, management and regulation of property, natural resources and infrastructure projects.
In addition to providing advice on planning and environmental laws, we have a strong reputation in connection with transactional issues, advocacy and mediation.
Our planning and environment group provides legal services in relation to:
- green buildings and infrastructure
- energy efficiency and renewable energy
- emissions reporting and trading
- obtaining, defending and challenging consents, permits, licences and other approvals
- navigating planning controls and other regulatory requirements and addressing assessment criteria procedures, including the preparation of applications and environmental assessments supporting those applications
- drafting environmental planning instruments, planning agreements and other planning documentation and statutory interpretation
- allocation of risk and liability in connection with the acquisition disposal and development of land, including contaminated sites
- pollution incidents
- environmental and planning and other prosecutions
- environmental compliance and due diligence
- management and remediation of contaminated land
- environmental risk assessment
- waste management
- tribunal and court proceedings, including merit appeals and legal challenges, and alternate dispute resolution
- resumptions, land compensation and the valuation of land
- heritage laws
- native vegetation and threatened species legislation
- the law and practice of government administration
- other areas of the law concerning the use, development and management of land and resources and the carrying out of infrastructure projects.
Commonwealth Legal Services Multi-Use List
Holding Redlich has been appointed to the Commonwealth Legal Services Multi-Use List in the categories of Government and Administrative Law, Corporate and Commercial Law and Dispute Resolution and Litigation. We regularly act for and advise Commonwealth Government departments and agencies.