Sarah is a corporate, commercial and media lawyer who advises a diverse range of clients with an emphasis on the media, entertainment and broadcasting industries.
Sarah’s clients include television and radio networks, technology companies and start-ups, advertising agencies and communications businesses, production companies, physical and digital content distributors and private equity investors.
Sarah’s recent experience includes:
- advising on the implications of the proposed reform of radiocommunications legislation in Australia
- advising on the protection and exploitation of computer software and hardware and the provision of information technology services
- acting for a commercial radio station in the Full Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia against the ACMA regarding regulatory issues arising in relation to the Broadcasting Services Act 1992 (Cth)
- acting for a well-known Australian private equity house during the divestment of one of its key Australian businesses
- assisting the Advertising Claims Board Panel draft determinations in relation to complaints received regarding advertising content
- advising the shareholders of an advertising agency on a sale to a global joint venture and, in particular, assisting in advising the shareholders in relation to entering into a detailed suite of contracts to govern on-going arrangements between the parties
- advising production companies on a range of matters, including on eligibility and applications for production incentives and drafting, negotiating and advising on co-production and licence agreements
- advising clients in relation to negotiating and drafting of various commercial contracts
- advising clients on corporate governance and directors’ duties
- advising a NSW political party on all aspects of election funding and candidate eligibility for State elections
- acting for and advising parties in the Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption.