Our finance team has extensive experience in helping a range of clients with their debt financing needs.
The members of our finance team have represented banks, corporate borrowers, institutional lenders, investment managers, private equity firms, real estate developers, project sponsors and equity investors.
The breadth of our experience means that we provide our clients with savvy, commercially-focused advice and cost-efficient transaction management and execution.
Our financing expertise covers:
- Corporate Finance including secured and unsecured lending using syndicated, club and bilateral loan structures
- Real Estate Finance including senior and mezzanine debt for real estate development or acquisition, project due diligence (including planning & environment), joint venture structuring and leasing
- Project Finance in the infrastructure, energy and PPP sectors including advising on debt and equity documentation, conducting due diligence and undertaking risk analysis and bankability reviews of project documents and sponsor support
- Leveraged Finance for acquisitions, buyouts, recapitalisations and private equity transactions including senior, mezzanine and PIK debt, holding company loans, bridge financings and high-yield debt offerings
- Institutional Lending by superannuation funds, sovereign wealth funds and private investment funds including negotiating investment mandates and creating debt fund structures and other investment platforms
- Derivatives to assist clients in managing their interest rate and foreign currency exposures, including over-the-counter ISDA master agreements, credit support arrangements and multi-fund umbrella structures
- Debt Capital Markets including vanilla bond issues, high yield bonds, commercial paper, medium term notes, private placements and the Australian aspects of Rule 144A offerings in the United States
- Secondary Loan Market Trading including buying and selling loan assets using the standard terms of the Loan Market Association
- Restructuring including advising on debt and capital restructurings, refinancings, distressed asset acquisitions, formal insolvency procedures and insolvency litigation