William was admitted as a solicitor in Malaysia where he gained experience in intellectual property (from registration and commercialisation to enforcement) and commercial litigation. He has subsequently, while practising in Australia, gained further experience in commercial and taxation law matters.
William has particular experience in advising in relation to business structuring or restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, public and private capital raisings, corporate affairs including capital reductions, share buy-backs, financial assistance, corporate governance and related party transactions, and matters relating to the law of trusts, stamp duty and personal property securities register.
William has worked with a wide range of clients including small businesses, substantial private companies and listed companies.
Examples of some of William’s recent experience includes:
- advising on and implementing a scheme of arrangement involving one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest advertising and marketing communications services group with a listed US conglomerate
- advising on and assisted the advertising and marketing communications services group in numerous acquisitions and divestments as well as advising on corporate governance and general corporate affairs involving the group
- advising on and establishing a managed investment scheme that invests in a portfolio of regional shopping centres in Australia
- advising on and establishing a stapled managed investment scheme that invests in environmental sustainable investments for wholesale clients as well as advising on corporate governance and general corporate affairs
- advising on and assisted a group of health professionals on their ASX listing
- advising on and assisted a US listed manufacturer with numerous acquisitions and divestments including transactions which involve complicated restructures (roll-up of various businesses into the target entity immediately prior to acquisition).