Lachlan is a senior associate in the Construction and Infrastructure team. An experienced commercial lawyer, Lachlan specialises in construction law with a particular focus on litigation and dispute resolution.
Lachlan acts for all categories of building professionals and contractors in disputes ranging from domestic building disputes to the arbitration of multi-billion dollar infrastructure projects. With a focus on his clients’ goals and their industry position, Lachlan’s approach to client service ensures that he can resolve their problems with consideration of all legal, commercial and strategic implications.
Lachlan’s experience includes:
- acting in a team on behalf of an international JV head contractor in dispute with its principal, in a significant international arbitration relating to construction of an LNG plant off the coast of Western Australia
- acting in a team in a significant domestic arbitration on behalf of the owner and operator of an electricity interconnector regarding its construction and operation
- regularly acting for architects, draftspersons, building surveyors and engineers in building disputes in negligence, contractual and ACL claims in VCAT
- acting for Owners Corporations in building disputes in VCAT, particularly in relation to water ingress and fire safety issues
- regularly acting for local councils and water authorities in property damage, negligence and Water Act claims in the Supreme Court, County Court and VCAT.
Lachlan also has significant commercial litigation experience acting for parties in general contractual, property, leasing, and franchising disputes in all Victorian and key Federal jurisdictions.