Evan is a senior associate in our Workplace Relations & Safety Group, practising in all aspects of employment, industrial and safety law. He advises and represents public and private sector employers, executive level employees and registered organisations in a variety of litigious and non-litigious workplace matters.
Evan’s areas of expertise include:
- preparing, advising on and enforcing employment contracts
- interpreting industrial instruments, including awards and enterprise agreements
- workplace bullying and discrimination matters
- restraints of trade and protection of confidential information
- work health and safety
- termination of employment issues, including unfair dismissal, general protections and wrongful termination
- industrial relations issues.
Evan’s experience includes:
- advising and appearing in industrial relations proceedings in the Federal courts and the Supreme Court of Victoria
- advising and appearing in unfair dismissals and general protections proceedings in the Fair Work Commission
- assisting employers and executives to resolve restraint of trade and contractual disputes
- advising and representing an executive in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal determining a review of a Fair Entitlements Guarantee scheme
- advising on complex transfer of business and employee entitlement issues in large commercial transactions
- resolving a complex dispute concerning allegations of employee fraud
- advising both publicly listed and privately held companies in respect of investigations and subsequent litigation with the Fair Work Ombudsman
- assisting one of Australia’s largest publicly listed companies with enterprise agreements in the Fair Work Commission
- assisting a business and a registered organisation before the Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption
- acting for a large media outlet in a high profile wrongful termination case.