Chris is a Dispute Resolution & Litigation Partner and the head of our Melbourne Property & Real Estate practice. Chris’ clients include some of the most prolific and distinguished property organisations both in Australia and internationally. Chris’ experience, leadership and understanding of the unique positioning of his clients enables the consistent provision of tailored, commercial legal advice to his clients.
Chris’ practice focuses on advice, dispute resolution and litigation in the principle areas of:
- retail and commercial leasing – advising a number of Australia’s largest retail and commercial landlords and tenants in matters of strategy, risk assessment and management, alternative dispute resolution, and litigation
- property disputes – advising clients in terms of trustee relationships, adverse possession, compulsory acquisition, land valuation, and caveats
- commercial/corporate conflicts – advising clients in terms of corporate advisory and financial services, shareholders, partnerships, joint ventures, trade rivals, trade practices and contracts
- corporate insolvency – advising clients in a range of industries, including financial services, retail, airline, accounting, property development, construction, mining and services sectors. This includes advising practitioners, directors (including on ASIC investigations and directors duties cases), shareholders, employee groups and creditors, and conducting litigation, alternative dispute resolution, investigations and examinations on behalf of those groups
- deceased estates – advising clients on testator family maintenance, testamentary capacity, and competing wills.