Wylie is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution and Litigation practice group.
Wylie’s areas of expertise include property disputes, retail and commercial leasing disputes, competition and consumer law disputes, complex commercial and contractual disputes, judicial review and Commissions of Inquiry.
Wylie has acted for a wide range of clients in various sectors including property, education, technology, agriculture and retail. She has represented clients in both the state and federal jurisdictions. She has also represented clients in the United Kingdom.
Wylie was formerly the associate to the Honourable Justice Margaret McMurdo AC, President, Queensland Court of Appeal
Her recent experience includes:
Competition and Consumer
- advising agricultural investors on a claim for misleading and deceptive conduct
Corporate and Commercial
- acting for a company in the Supreme Court of Queensland defending a claim for breach of a share allotment deed and loan agreement
- acting for a liquidator in respect of issues arising out of a liquidation
Intellectual property, technology and communications
- acting for a technology client in the Supreme Court of Queensland defending a claim for breach of confidence
- acting on behalf of a plaintiff in defamation proceedings in the District Court of Queensland
Property and leasing
- advising a commercial client in respect of a dispute concerning leasehold interests in retirement villages
- advising retail landlords on a variety of issues arising under retail shop leases, including collecting rental arrears, breach of lease and termination of leases
Commissions of Inquiry
- solicitor to the Queensland Health Payroll System Commission of Inquiry 2013
- solicitor to the Queensland Racing Commission of Inquiry 2013