Tony joined Holding Redlich in October 2007 after spending over 20 years working in the construction industry, most recently for Veolia Water Australia, where he was directly involvedin the Sydney and Gold Coast desalination projects. Tony is also a qualified civil engineer and project manager with many years of hands on experience in infrastructure projects.
Tony has experience in a number of industry sectors including civil construction, petrochemical and water projects. He also has several years experience in arranging project insurances. During Tony’s time in the construction industry Tony was involved in contract drafting, negotiation, administration and disputes relating to several major infrastructure projects including roadworks, bridgeworks and water treatment plants. Tony also has experience in preparing design and construct contracts for various commercial developments and redevelopments, operation and maintenance agreements, consultancy agreements and various project documents. Tony’s litigation experience includes acting for:
- a large industrial client in a claim for damages
- a principal in a successful application to strike out proceedings commenced by a claimant builder
- a contractor defending a claim for damages arising out of the collapse of an adjacent building
- various developers in disputes with building contractors
- various contractors in disputes with subcontractors
- parties in mediation of construction disputes.
Tony regularly assists clients in the handling of a variety of construction claims, including claims under the Security of Payment Act.