Bede undertakes a diverse range of work including litigating and advising on contractual disputes, trade practices disputes, property and corporate disputes and insolvency matters.
His experience includes:
- acting for a large international software company in Federal Court of Australia proceedings concerning the implementation of software and infrastructure on a telecommunication company’s national network.
- advising private equity firms, including in respect of the exercise of contractual rights, matters affecting shareholders and investors, including appearing in commercial arbitration.
- advising on disputes concerning the exercise of contractual options, including call and put options, options to purchase and options to renew contractual obligations.
- providing advice in relation to sale of land disputes, including disputes with mortgagees, off-the-plan sales and the termination of contracts.
- advising corporate trustees of unit trusts, including in relation to the exercise of contractual rights.
- appearing for a publicly-listed media company in recent Supreme Court litigation concerning the exercise of contractual rights and misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Full Federal Court and High Court litigation concerning litigation funding.
- advising creditors in respect of their rights during insolvency and bankruptcy, including acting in Supreme and Federal Court applications.