Allan is a Special Counsel in the firm’s Property and Projects Group and specialises in property disputes including statutory land valuation matters, compulsory acquisition, resumption and compensation matters and mining land access and compensation matters.
Allan brings a unique perspective to his practice having worked in private practice, at the Queensland Bar and as General Counsel of a Queensland Government Statutory Body.
- Allan has extensive experience in property disputes and has appeared in the Land Court of Queensland, Land Appeal Court of Queensland, District Court of Queensland, Supreme Court of Queensland and Queensland Court of Appeal.
- Allan acts for landowners in objections and appeals against statutory land valuations issued by the Valuer-General. He regularly advises in respect of objections and appeals against statutory vauations issued for commercial, retail and industrial properties and has worked on a number of appeals relating to significant commercial buildings in the Brisbane CBD.
- Allan was part of the team that undertook an independent review of the Valuation of Land Act 1944 (Qld) on behalf of the State of Queensland. The team was responsible for providing advice on the operation of the legislation and recommendations for amendments to the legislation.
- Allan acts for landowners in relation to acquisition, resumption and compensation matters and has significant experience in respect of claims relating to commercial, industrial and residential properties.
- Allan provided significant advice in respect of access to land arrangements and the assessment of compensation for access to land in respect of mining projects including access for the purpose of constructing and operating gas pipelines.
- Allan acted in relation to the negotiation of access to land and compensation for access to land for the Southern Regional Water Pipeline and Northern Pipeline Interconnector projects. He subsequently acted in respect of a range of matters regarding ongoing land access and maintenance issues including disputes relating to the co-location of pipelines within pipeline corridors.