“Through actual superannuation fund board experience, we are conscious of the need for our input to add real value.”
Our Financial Services team is among the most experienced in Australia. Our lawyers have experience across the financial services spectrum, including in relation to managed funds, superannuation, insurance, custody, registry and administration.
We know that technical excellence is just a starting point. Our deep understanding of the sector means we can deliver advice that is timely, practical and cost-effective, because we can anticipate not only the regulatory and technical issues that may arise, but also be mindful of the political and competitive environment. We are conscious that our input adds real value.
We maintain regular contact with our clients, and continually provide updates regarding important legal developments which may affect them.
The team provides advice and assistance to financial services industry participants regarding:
- compliance and regulatory issues
- trust deed and constitution interpretation, reviews and amendments
- governance issues, including director and trustee duties
- fund establishments, restructures, mergers, rationalisations and closures, including successor fund transfers and transfers and amalgamations of life insurance business
- acquisitions and disposals
- insurance policy review, policy drafting and negotiation, and takeover arrangements
- insurance claims and disputes, including death benefit allocations, total and permanent disability benefit claims, Superannuation Complaints Tribunal complaints and superannuation-related litigation
- financial product development
- financial advice and product distribution
- investment, including direct investments, derivatives trading, infrastructure and property funds
- communications and disclosures, including product disclosure statements, prospectuses, and periodic disclosure
- breach reporting and other liaison with regulators regarding audits and investigations, compliance issues and queries.