Property investment, development and construction are core areas of our practice. Our property finance lawyers work extensively in these areas.
They understand the laws, the market risks and the financial drivers in the property and development world that are fundamental to equity and debt providers.
Our property finance clients value our property law expertise, our commercial understanding and our commercial approach derived from our many years of practice and experience in property representing investors, developers, borrowers and lenders.
We advise on all aspects of property financing transactions from the simple to the complex. We also prepare and review the complete range of lending and security documentation for those transactions.
Our collaborative approach ensures that the Property Finance Group works closely with our industry leading construction and infrastructure practice group, as well as our corporate group where needed.
We advise and assist lenders as well as borrowers in relation to both prime and mezzanine debt facilities, and provide the whole range of property finance services including:
- documenting and negotiating loan and security documentation, including priority and subordination arrangements
- documenting and negotiating construction funding facilities and construction tripartites and step-in deeds
- documenting and negotiating syndicated loans and shared security arrangements
- advising both lenders and borrowers on recovery actions involving enforcement of lending and security documentation
- advice on ownership and borrowing entity structures, including joint ventures and other participation structures and arrangements
- advice on stamp duty and GST
- undertaking property due diligence, including title, planning, environment and contamination, leases and sales (including off the plan sales)
- review of joint venture and other participation agreements and arrangements
- review of development and construction arrangements and contracts
- review of major tenant agreements for lease including tenant fit-out integration arrangements.