Trent is a Brisbane-based Partner in Holding Redlich’s Corporate and Commercial Group.
Trent specialises in mergers and acquisitions and business structuring. He also regularly advises on general corporate issues, private equity, intellectual property, franchising and procurement.
Trent’s clients include major corporations operating in the agribusiness, commercial property, technology, manufacturing and franchising industries.
Trent has handled a variety of cross-border transactions involving foreign investment into Australia. Trent has particular expertise in securing Australian foreign investment approvals for agribusiness and commercial property transactions.
Trent’s recent transaction experience includes:
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Agribusiness – advising significant Queensland agribusiness in connection with joint venture with foreign pension fund
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Agribusiness — advising New Hope Investment Fund in connection with acquisition of Kilcoy abattoir
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Tourism – advising China Capital Investment Group in connection with purchase of Daydream Island
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Franchising —advising the owners of Pizza Capers franchise system in connection with its sale to Retail Food Group Ltd (ASX:RFG)
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Aviation — advising TAE in connection with a purchase of an avionics business
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Mining Services — member of a team advising AJ Lucas in connection with the sale of its underground drilling business to Industrea
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Professional Services — advising the owners of accounting firms and a patent attorney in connection with business sales
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Technology — advising in connection with numerous business sales, including acquisition of Map Data Services by Esri Australia
- Mergers and Acquisitions/ Telecommunications — advising Reverse Corp Limited (ASX:REF) in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of business divisions
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Transport — advising Queensland Rail in connection with the purchase of IFE Bulk Solutions business
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Transport — advising QR National in connection with the sale of its specialty chemicals business and the purchase of the food transport division of Pittman Transport
- Corporate/Joint Venturing — advising large corporations in connection with shareholder agreements and partnership agreements
- Technology/Licensing — advising a large software reseller in connection with licensing agreements with all levels of Government in Australia, including Government Owned Corporations
- Trade Marks/Intellectual Property — advising a Superannuation Property Trust in connection with branding and trade mark issues for its property portfolio, including in connection with its major Queensland developments
- Trade Marks/Franchising — advising franchised/business systems in connection with trade marks issues
- Franchising – advising noodle, coffee and Mexican franchised business systems in connection with franchising and commercial matters
- Manufacturing/Distribution — advising international distributor of chemicals in connection with the restructure of its distribution model within Australia and drafting and negotiating related procurement contracts
- Business Structuring/Agribusiness — advising a number of owners of various rural businesses in connection with business structuring and business succession issues
- Personal Property Securities Laws/Australian Consumer Law — assisting clients in implementing procedures for compliance with personal security and consumer laws.
During January to March 2011, Trent was seconded as Acting General Counsel for AJ Lucas Coal Technologies Pty Ltd, a mining service contractor (ASX:AJL). Trent was also a member of a team advising the Queensland Government in connection with the sale of its interests in the Brisbane, Cairns and Mackay Airports. Trent has also acted for Campbell Brothers (as it then was) on the acquisition of ACIRL and for Teys Bros on the acquisition of a business from Receivers and Managers. Prior to joining Holding Redlich, Trent acted as company secretary for investment banks, insurers, re-insurers and property devel