Stefanie is an accredited specialist in commercial litigation with a sub specialty in building and construction law.
Stefanie has over ten years’ experience in the field.
Stefanie’s clients include builders, sub contractors, suppliers, developers, home owners, owners of childcare centres and Councils.
Stefanie is experienced in amending and negotiating residential and commercial contracts as well as resolving disputes through dispute resolution and litigation.
Stefanie’s expertise includes acting for a number of clients assisting in relation to:
- advising on residential and commercial contracts and risk profiles, including:
- applicable legislation affecting agreements
- potential claims, liabilities and indemnities
- drafting pleadings and evidence in complex construction cases
- appearing and representing clients in the Local Court, District Court and Supreme Court of New South Wales along with the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal
- acting for claimants and respondents in relation to adjudications pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 NSW.
Some of the major projects Stefanie has been involved in include:
- acting for a steel fabrication company in muilti party litigation which involved defending a breach of contract and negligence claim
- acting for a developer who is constructing a portfolio of mixed use strata buildings and ensuring compliance with the Home Building Act 1989 NSW.
- acting for an electrical contractor to recover monies pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 NSW, including recovery of the debt
- acting for a homeowner in relation to defective works carried out by a builder in the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) and recovery of damages for defective works from the Home Building Compensation Fund (HBCF)
- acting for a local Council and advising on a commercial building contract including assisting and advising in relation to the tender process
- acting for a company that supplies geosynthetic products in relation to reviewing supply contracts and the recovery of outstanding debts
- acting for consultants, engineers and architects in relation to the recovery of their fees.