Sean has more than 13 years of experience as a lawyer in the superannuation industry.
Sean’s expertise includes funds management, corporate and commercial, and superannuation.
Sean primarily advises superannuation trustees, across a wide range of areas, including:
- acquisition and divestment of investments
- reviewing and negotiating investment documentation
- analysis and due diligence relating to investment structures (domestic and foreign)
- drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and related documents
- shareholder, unitholder and limited partner rights
- successor fund transfers
- compliance with and interpretation of legislation confidentiality
- AFSL and RSE licensing requirements
- fund establishment and trust deeds
- corporate law and governance
- equity and trust law
- trustees’ duties
- directors’ duties (including trustee directors’ duties)
- dispute resolution and litigation
- outsourcing agreements
- death and disability claims and disputes, including litigation
- trustee and officers’ insurance
- marketing and communications issues.