Michael is a partner in our Sydney office and practices in all areas of workplace relations with a special focus on work health and safety. Michael acts for a diverse range of clients in construction and manufacturing, agribusiness, media, education, professional services, transport and government.
Michael’s expertise includes:
- Appearing in industrial disputes, litigated claims and coronial hearings.
- Work health and safety including structuring WHS management systems, agreements, policies and procedures.
- Conducting internal workplace investigations and dealing with investigations by regulatory agencies including WorkCover, Department of Immigration, Fair Work Ombudsman and ABCC.
- Management of injured workers including workers compensation, personal injury and return to work issues.
- Preparing all forms of employment contracts, including executive contracts, protection of confidential information and restraints of trade.
- The development of collective agreements and interpretation of the Fair Work Act 2009 and industrial instruments.
- Managing employment issues in a transfer of business and company restructuring including advice in relation to outsourcing, organisational change and redundancy.
Michael has extensive litigation experience in employment disputes and defending work health and safety prosecutions. Before joining Holding Redlich, Michael’s practice included acting on behalf of WorkCover NSW in prosecuting breaches of the safety legislation. Michael is a regular presenter of seminars and training on workplace issues, in particular on work health and safety.