Lucinda Coman is a Senior Associate in the Construction and Infrastructure Group and specialises in construction litigation, primarily in relation to disputes arising under commercial construction contracts.
Lucinda acts for principals, contractors, subcontractors and consultants with respect to both civil and building projects, and has extensive experience in providing detailed advice on issues relevant to project delivery, and dispute resolution and avoidance.
Lucinda is also well-versed in advising in claims made under security of payment legislation (in Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia, Victoria, and Tasmania), including preparation of payment claims, payment schedules, adjudication applications and adjudication responses. She also has considerable experience advocating for clients in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal, including on behalf of one of Queensland’s biggest residential home builders, and one of its largest commercial builders.
In addition to this experience, Lucinda also advises and guides her clients with respect to litigation, contractual claim management, mediation, arbitration, and contract dispute procedures.
Lucinda’s key experience includes:
- claims made under security of payment legislation (in Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia, Victoria, and Tasmania)
- originating applications to the Queensland District and Supreme Courts in relation to judgment for monies owed under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004, and in challenging subpoenas
- acting for a national contractor on the Wheatstone LNG project
- acting for a large construction company in a Western Australian Supreme Court proceeding
- acting on behalf of a professional indemnity insurer in a Supreme Court of Queensland proceeding, including a court-ordered mediation
- acting on behalf of one of Queensland’s biggest residential home builders in a judicial review proceeding in the Supreme Court of Queensland
- advocating for clients in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- acting and advising clients in relation to disputes arising under the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991, including licensing issues, administrative reviews of decisions to issue directions to rectify and scope of works, and excluded individual/permitted individual applications
- advising and acting on behalf of clients in relation to disputes that commonly arise under commercial and infrastructure projects
- general construction and infrastructure litigation.