Kyle is a partner in our Melbourne Construction and Infrastructure team, specialising in construction dispute resolution.
Kyle also has extensive experience in property-related disputes, including proceedings under contracts for sale of land and commercial leases.
He is an advocate for Alternative Dispute Resolution, having acted in numerous arbitrations, mediations and expert determinations.
Kyle acts for principals, contractors and consultants and a number of Victorian Government agencies and departments. He has conducted cases before all Victorian courts, the Federal Court of Australia and various tribunals and industry boards.
Kyle's experience includes:
- acting in a major arbitration involving the construction of electricity and steam generation facilities at six Victorian hospitals involving companies from Australia, New Zealand, France and America (the Victorian Hospitals Cogeneration Project – VHCP)
- advising an engineering company in relation to claims arising from the construction of an underground liquefied petroleum gas facility
- advising a contractor on the Iluka Mineral Sands Project in relation to claims for variations, extensions of time and related cost, including adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act
- advising water authorities on several matters including issues arising from water storage basin rehabilitation works, issues with filtration systems, latent conditions claims and several other claims by contractors on sewer and construction works
- advising a Victorian Government department on claims in the Supreme Court of Victoria by neighbouring property owners relating to potential property damage arising from coastal erosion and land slips
- acting for a Victorian Government agency in:
- a major arbitration and parallel Supreme Court proceedings on bridge rectification and protection works, which involved over 30 witnesses from Australia, the UK and Scandinavia
- a number of adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act
- expert determinations generally in relation to claims lodged by contractors
- litigation relating to the compulsory acquisition of land as well as cases involving heritage and environmental protection issues
- several arbitrations and in numerous matters in the Supreme and County Courts of Victoria involving works on major freeways, roads and bridges.