Khory is recognised as a market leader in the field of dispute and conflict resolution both nationally and internationally.
Khory draws upon 35 years of experience in the public and private sectors as a party representative in complex legal proceedings, arbitrations, expert determinations and mediations. Khory has a leading practice in conflict and dispute strategic advisory work and has acted as a mediator and expert in a number of complex commercial disputes.
Khory has experience in a broad range of industries including energy, resources, commodities, infrastructure, public sector and cross-border. His reputation for strategic thinking makes him the 'go to' adviser on issues management and conflict resolution.
In addition, Khory is recognised by IBA Global Who’s Who of International Commercial Mediation, Chambers International Arbitration (Australia) and Chambers Global. He was also named as a leading individual in 2015 in Chambers Asia Pacific and named in the Best Lawyers (Australia) for International Arbitration, Government and Litigation.
Khory holds a number of public engagements including board appointments, engagements with substantial public institutions and educational groups. Khory currently represents the Australian delegation on the UNCITRAL Working Group II: Arbitration and Conciliation which is working on a model law or convention on the recognition and enforcement of conciliated settlements. He is also a board member of a number of important organisations, including the Northern Australian Infrastructure Facility.
- Engaged in well over 100 mediations involving amounts up to in excess of AUD$150M as a party representative and AUD$10M as a mediator.
- Provided expert opinions in respect of:
Expert (legal) ICC contract arbitration in Singapore.
Expert (legal) LCIA Award in Mainland China.
Expert opinion, Hong Kong cross border opinion, IT issues.
Expert opinion, UK proceedings, dual proceedings.
- Major sovereign risk case in Indonesian coal mining industry.
- Major dispute in long term thermal coal and gas supply contracts.
- Record damages claim arising from mining venture dispute.
- Major disputes concerning international multi-party disputes in land development, resource projects, infrastructure developments and joint ventures.
- Global food industry 'class' action with 3,000 potential plaintiffs.
- Environmental impact claims.
- Strategic interface with Federal and State regulatory authorities in health, amenities and utilities sectors.
- Major construction industry disputes concerning product defects claims.
- Major arbitration dispute concerning claim in excess of $100M in relation to contract mining.
- Test case on the approach of a Queensland Court to price review and alternate dispute resolution clauses.
- Neutral evaluation in professional indemnity cases and public sector conflicts.
- Doctor of the University, Griffith University (D Univ).
- Arbitrator (Grade 1).
- IMI Certified Accredited Advanced Practitioner (Mediator).
- Court Accredited Mediator, National Alternative Dispute Resolution Advisory Council, Queensland Law Society and Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration.
- Fellow, Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA).
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb).
- Vice President, Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration.
- Board Member, Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility.
- Board Member, International Chamber of Commerce Australia.
- Member, International Mediation Institute, Standards Committee.
- Member, Australian Delegation UNCITRAL Working Group II on Arbitration and Conciliation.
- Member, New Zealand International Arbitration Centre Arbitration and Mediation Panel.
- Member, New Zealand Dispute Resolution Centre, Arbitration and Mediation Panel.
- Member, New Zealand Building Disputes Tribunal, Arbitration and Mediation Panel.
- Member, Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration, Arbitrator Panel.
- Member, Mongolia Ulaanbaatar Chamber of Commerce, Arbitrator Panel.
- Member, Singapore International Arbitration Centre, Users Council.
- Adjunct Professor, Griffith University.
- Professor in Strategic Law, Griffith University.