Julie is a dual qualified French-Australian lawyer. Julie specialises in commercial and corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, energy and resource projects, construction and tourism, and has considerable commercial experience from working for several major Australian law firms and organisations.
Julie has acted for Australian and foreign corporations in relation to their investments and operations in the Oceania region and has provided substantial advisory services on major projects and transactions in Australia and the Pacific Islands including New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Vanuatu, Fiji, Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea.
Being fluent in French and English and having specialist knowledge of French, Australian and Pacific Islands businesses and cultures, Julie specialises in assisting Australian and foreign investors with their investments in French-speaking markets around the world.
Julie is a certified NAATI translator from English into French and has almost 10 years’ experience as an English-French and French-English legal translator.
Julie has a wealth of experience both in Australia and throughout the Pacific Region. A snapshot of her experience is outlined below.
- advising a French company on the purchase of an agroscience company in Australia including undertaking due diligence, negotiating share sale agreement and completing the purchase
- assisting an Australian retail food brand franchisor with negotiation of the termination of a franchise agreement governed by Australian law with a New Caledonian franchisee
- drafting construction contracts in relation to Australian water infrastructure projects advising on corporate governance and compliance issues under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and the ASX Listing Rules
- advising on the establishment, acquisition, sale and/or operations of numerous businesses and companies in Australia.
New Caledonian and French Polynesian experience
- advising a major company specialising in rubber surfaces for industrial operations on corporate matters regarding its operations in New Caledonia
- advising a multinational wine and spirits company on labelling requirements in New Caledonia
- advising Australian individuals on the sale of shares in a New Caledonian gaskets, seals and associated products company including reviewing share sale and purchase deed, commercial lease and company conversion documentation
- drafting and advising on New Caledonian, Papua New Guinean and Solomon Islands’ purchase and sales terms and conditions for a significant machinery supplier
- advising a multinational communications company on deregistering dormant companies in French Polynesia
- advising a New Caledonian semi-governmental agency on management contracts to be entered into with a multinational operator regarding a hotel and resort in New Caledonia
- advising a multinational power and automation company on general commercial, contractual and employment issues in relation to its New Caledonian subsidiary
- advising a multinational engineering, architectural and environmental services company on a services contract to be entered into with a multinational mining company operating in New Caledonia
- advising a major automotive company on corporate, employment and litigation matters relating to its operations in New Caledonia and French Polynesia
- advising a Malaysian company on the acquisition of shares in a New Caledonian mining services company
- advising an Australian multinational company on a construction project in New Caledonia including drafting a minor works contract.
Papua New Guinean experience
- advising a Papua New Guinean landowners’ group on mining compensation agreements to be entered into with a multinational mining company, including reviewing and drafting all relevant agreements
- advising on a proposed energy project in Papua New Guinea, including reviewing all relevant legislative and compliance obligations
- advising on a proposed acquisition of a bio-fuel project in Papua New Guinea
- advising Papua New Guinean parties on setting up a joint venture between Fijian partners and Papua New Guinean partners in the tourism sector
- advising on corporate governance and compliance issues under the Companies Act 1997 (PNG) and the POMSoX Listing Rules.
Solomon Islands’ experience
- advising an Australian company on a mining project in the Solomon Islands, including land access and tenure issues
- advising a Canadian company on its merger with an Australian agribusiness company in relation to assets located in the Solomon Islands and New Caledonia.
- advising a major Australian bank on the sale of its Vanuatu branch, including advising on land, employment and other legal issues
- negotiating and drafting a heads of agreement for a bio-ethanol project in Vanuatu involving Australian, New Caledonian and Vanuatu parties
- advising a French multinational energy company in relation to its investment in a geothermal project in Vanuatu.