Jacqui Doyle is a Special Counsel in the Construction and Infrastructure group and specialises in construction litigation, primarily in relation to disputes arising under commercial construction contracts.
Jacqui also has particular experience in advising on claims made under security for payment legislation (in New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia) including preparing payment claims, payment schedules, adjudication applications and responses. As a result of her experience, Jacqui understands the intricacies and difficulties associated with these claims, including the tight time frames, tips, tricks and traps in relation each alternate piece of legislation.
In addition to her security for payment experience Jacqui is to able to advise you and guide you on all forms of dispute management including litigation, contractual claim management, mediation, expert determination, arbitration and contract dispute procedures.
Jacqui has considerable experience in these areas and spends her time focusing on:
- claims made under Security for Payment Legislation (in New South Wales, Queensland, Western Australia and the Northern Territory) including preparing payment claims, payment schedules, adjudication applications and responses
- appeals to the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal in relation to adjudication decisions
- (where appropriate) appeals to the High Court from Court of Appeal decisions
- advising and acting on behalf of clients in relation to issues and/or disputes that commonly arise under commercial construction and infrastructure contracts
- advising and acting on behalf of clients in relation to substantive residential construction disputes (such as the construction of mixed use residential and commercial developments), which include claims under the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 (Qld)
- advising and acting on behalf of clients in relation to issues and/or disputes that commonly arise under domestic building contracts
- general construction and infrastructure litigation.