Helena is a partner in our Construction and Infrastructure group. With 15 years’ experience in large scale construction and commercial disputes throughout Australia, she provides dispute resolution, transaction and advisory services. She has particular expertise in complex negotiations and contract structuring, ensuring clients’ needs align with the constantly evolving commercial reality.
Apart from construction industry clients, Helena has extensive experience providing advice to insurers and insureds in respect of professional indemnity, contractor’s all risks and other project policies and business related insurance.
Helena’s expertise also extends to advising education institutions in relation to development, facilities and other operational matters.
- Acting on behalf of an aged care provider in Supreme Court action to successfully avoid enforcement of a determination under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 NSW. Acting for a large building consultancy firm in a claim in the Supreme Court of NSW in relation to negligent mechanical ventilation design for large multi-dwelling residential building.
- Acting for large international environmental consultants in relation to commercial claims
- Acting for a major mining and energy contractor in Supreme Court of NSW proceedings concerning substantial variation and delay claims arising from a mine expansion project.
- Acting for various insurers concerning policy disputes under a Project All Risks policies concerning major energy and mining projects (amongst others). Acting for both home owners and builders in relation to claims arising from residential building works.
- Acting for claimants and respondents in connection with adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW).
- Advising educational institutions regarding development, facilities and other operational matters. Preparing project contract documentation for various participants in a range of projects including educational facilities, health care facilities, large refurbishments, tenancy fit-outs, commercial premises, large and medium scale residential developments and aged care facilities.