Esteban is a corporate and commercial lawyer with 15 years’ experience in mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions, both in Australia and involving cross border elements.
Esteban has assisted companies both large and small, publicly listed and private to achieve their transactional goals. He has experience in corporate governance issues, including the ASX corporate governance principles, and is also skilled at advising start-up companies to navigate their formation and initial growth stages.
Esteban has advised on transactions encompassing several industries and sectors, including education, energy & resources, construction, government, retail, telecommunications and information technology. He also has experience working as an in-house lawyer in the banking, aviation and talent services industries.
Esteban is actively involved with the Latin American community in Australia, including via the Australian Latin American Young Professionals association. He speaks fluent Spanish.
Esteban was named in the 2017 Best Lawyers in Australia rankings for equity capital markets.
Esteban has advised:
- Affinity Education Group on the acquisitions and divestments of multiple child care centres throughout Australia
- Starts at 60 on a part-investment by Seven West Media
- a private equity group in relation to investments in information technology and manufacturing and an early education aggregation for the purposes of IPO/trade sale
- the vendors of Vaya on the sale to amaysim Australia
- GWA Group on the sale of Dux Hot Water to Noritz Corporation, and the sale of Brivis Climate Systems to Rinnai Corporation
- Mastermyne on its scheme of arrangement with Diversified Mining Services
- Collins Foods (KFC franchisee) on its acquisition of Competitive Foods and concurrent investment in Snag Stand restaurants
- Kathmandu’s IPO on ASX
- Tlou Energy’s IPO on ASX
- the joint lead managers to Myer’s IPO on ASX
- the joint lead managers to PrimeAg’s IPO on ASX
- the Future Fund on multiple sell downs of Telstra shares and management of retained holdings
- Asciano’s accelerated non-renounceable rights issue, placements and security purchase plans
- Leighton Holdings’ accelerated renounceable rights issue
- the underwriter to Stockland Group’s accelerated non-renounceable rights issue and placement
- the underwriters to SP AusNet’s accelerated non-renounceable rights issue
- the joint lead managers to Transfield Services’ accelerated non-renounceable rights issue and placement
- Bank of Queensland on corporate aspects of entitlement offers and hybrid issues
- the joint lead managers to Comet Ridge’s institutional placement
- Total Aviation Solutions on its asset acquisition of a US-based competitor
- Trade & Investment Queensland on the logistics and execution of an international 10 country higher education sector competition.