Brendan is a corporate partner with 20 years’ experience in all aspects of a range of corporate transactions, including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- private equity, venture capital and development capital transactions
- private capital raisings
- investments by high net worth individuals and family offices
- shareholders agreements, joint ventures, partnerships and fund arrangements
- shareholder disputes
- equity incentive plans
- refinancing arrangements
- group structuring arrangements
Brendan has very strong expertise in advising clients on all corporate aspects of private equity, venture capital and similar transactions. In particular, he has advised on the sale of significant businesses to private equity funds. More generally, Brendan has advised several private equity firms on their investments and exits in a broad range of industry sectors.
Brendan has substantial expertise in cross-border transactions, having previously been a Partner in one of the largest international law firms in the world.
Brendan has also taken some time away from the legal industry to grow and sell his family business. This “hands on” practical experience is rare among lawyers and enables Brendan to better assess legal risks in a commercial context.
Brendan’s experience includes advising:
- Various Australian Private Equity Firms including Pacific Equity Partners, Archer Capital, Quadrant, CHAMP Ventures, Ironbridge Capital and Wolseley
- Various International Private Equity Firms including KKR, CVC Capital, Permira, EQT and L Capital
- Emeco Holdings Limited including on its MBO, various acquisitions and IPO
- The shareholders of Cook Care Group on the sale of Cook Care Group to Estia Health
- The shareholders of FleetPlus on the sale of FleetPlus to Fleet Partners
- The V8 Supercars teams on the partial sale of V8 Supercars to Archer Capital
- Veda including on its MBO, management share plan and various joint ventures and acquisitions.