Employers increasingly need to deal with statutory regulators in respect of employment and industrial matters. We have a broad range of experience in dealing with regulators on these matters.
- Providing strategic advice on minimising exposure to regulatory risk and liability
- Development of management systems, policies and procedures to deal with regulatory investigations
- Training in investigation response systems
- Advice and representation in regulatory investigations and litigated proceedings
- Acting for clients in Fair Work Ombudsman investigations. This includes assisting and advising on responses to allegations regarding the failure to recognise a bargaining representative, allowing employees a genuine opportunity to consider the proposed agreement as well as underpayment allegations
- Advising clients in Fair Work Building & Construction investigations. This includes assisting and advising on responses to allegations regarding unlawful industrial action, strike pay, sham contracting and underpayment allegations.
- Advising clients and acting on their behalf in respect of insurance premium disputes and audits with workers compensation insurers and regulators
- Advising clients dealing with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, including acting on their behalf in business visa applications and 457 visa audits