A key to the success of any business is the protection of its valuable confidential information and customer connections. We advise clients in respect of the implementation of measures to protect confidential information and restraints of trade as well as act in their enforcement.
We offer our clients:
- practical, accessible, responsive and effective advice
- an emphasis on identifying and devising strategies to best meet our their objectives
- a focus on preventative measures and dispute resolution rather than litigation.
- drafting employment contracts, workplace policies and other guidelines to best protect the businesses commercial interests
- advising on workplace investigations related to the misuse of confidential information
- advising on termination of employment issues and procedures in respect of the misuse of confidential information
- advising on the implementation of and acting in proceedings concerning the enforcement of confidentiality and non-compete provisions
- Advising an international accounting firm on the enforcement of restraints of trade and the effect of restraints of trade that may apply to prospective partners
- Advising in respect of the movement of teams to competitors in the banking and finance industry
- Advising a property management business on suspected breaches of confidentiality by former employees. Seeking preliminary discovery orders against a former employee and obtaining ex parte asset preservation orders pending the determination of the preliminary discovery application
- Advising a national outdoor advertising organisation on a suspected breach of restraints of trade and confidentiality obligations by former employees
- Acting a major drilling company on suspected breaches of confidentiality and non-compete provisions