Our specialist Workplace Relations Group has extensive experience acting for employers in both the public and private sector and across a range of industries. We understand the legal risks associated with industrial relations. We understand that the rules governing collective bargaining have become more complex and at the same time the issues that employers need to address have become more varied.
We offer our clients:
- practical, accessible, responsive and effective advice
- an emphasis on identifying and devising strategies to best meet our their objectives
- a focus on preventative measures and dispute resolution rather than litigation.
- Advising on the process of collective bargaining, including the various legal options available to employers during the course of the bargaining process
- Providing strategic advice to clients when industrial issues arise
- Advising on applicable industrial instruments that apply to the workplace
- Acting on behalf of clients involved in Fair Work Building & Construction investigations
- Advising an Australian subsidiary of an international optical media manufacturer on the terms of proposed enterprise agreements as well as the agreement making process
- Working with a national natural gas infrastructure organisation to consolidate a number of collective agreements as a result of a series of acquisitions.
- Advising a peak film body on the negotiation of an enterprise agreement including advising on the requirements of the Commonwealth Government and liaising with DEEWR regarding the Bargaining Framework
- Advising an Australian subsidiary of an international material handling business on the negotiation of an employee collective agreement
- Advice a government owned corporation regarding compliance with and interpretation of applicable award
- Advising a film production company in relation to bargaining notices and obligations