As a full service firm, our Dispute Resolution and Litigation team works closely with our Superannuation and Financial Services Practice, to be able to offer our clients specialised legal services in relation to alternative dispute resolution and litigation.
We assist, advise and represent our Superannuation clients in relation to all forms of disputes which relate not only to their members but also to other commercial disputes that they may have arising out of their investment or other contractual arrangements.
Our experience includes:
- advising and acting on behalf of Superannuation Trustees in relation to death and disablement claims in both the County Court and Supreme Court;
- advising and acting on behalf of Superannuation Trustees in relation to salary continuance claims in both the County Court and Supreme Court;
- advising in relation to Superannuation Complaints Tribunal (SCT) submissions;
- acting in appeals to the Federal Court from decisions of the SCT; and
- advising and acting on behalf of Superannuation Trustees in relation to any other general disputes that they may have with their members, including for example, disputes that may arise from a Superannuation Trustees fiduciary obligations to their members.
We also advise and represent our Superannuation clients in all forms of commercial disputes, such as contractual disputes that our clients may have with their commercial suppliers or other commercial partners, employees and other interested parties. These include:
- contractual disputes arising out of direct property transactions and joint venture transactions;
- contractual and corporate disputes with commercial partners and commercial suppliers including breach of contract disputes;
- trade practices;
- professional negligence; and
- employment and occupational health and safety and other Workplace disputes.