Our Property and Leasing Disputes team has formidable experience and profile in this area of the law.
Our expertise includes acting for property owners, developers, financiers, landlords and tenants, government authorities and agriculturalists for claims including:
- Contract disputes;
- Financing and financial services disputes;
- Valuation disputes;
- Compulsory acquisition and adverse possession cases;
- Commercial and retail leasing disputes and trade practices matters;
- Interests involving equity and trusts
We regularly run alternative dispute resolution processes and complex litigation in all levels of the Court and Tribunal system. Our team is professional and responsive, has a keen eye for detail and maintains a constant vigilance for the right deal at the right time in every dispute.
Examples of our recent experience include:
- Acting for government authority in respect of an adverse possession claim made by a developer of an adjoining property;
- Acting in disputes concerning complex trust structures involving property assets and constructive trust giving rise to third party rights;
- Acting for major retail landlords in respect of retail and commercial leasing disputes;
- Risk analysis and strategy for redevelopment of major shopping centres to minimise the risks of multiple disputes;
- Acting in respect of leasing disputes concerning allegations of misleading and deceptive conduct and unconscionable conduct;
- Acting in matters concerning both upholding the right to lodge a caveat and attacking the right to lodge a caveat on land;
- Challenges to security documents;
- Valuation disputes; and
- Major chain collapses and insolvencies.