Our Dispute Resolution and Litigation team has acted for a large number of professional service firms in complex professional negligence actions in a variety of jurisdictions in Australia. We have acted to prosecute professional negligence claims and we have also acted to defend professional negligence claims.
Our clients have included first tier accounting firms, actuaries, engineers and other professionals. We have also defended other clients in relation to more general claims of negligence.
Examples of our experience include:
- acting for the consulting engineers in relation to disputes involving the construction of the Melbourne City link tunnel;
- acting for a State Auditor General in relation to the collapse of a statutory body;
- acting for a first tier accounting firm in relation to the HIH Royal Commission;
- acting for an information technology consulting practice related to a first tier accounting firm in relation to a dispute regarding the installation of a customer service system for RACV in a large and complex multi party information technology dispute;
- acting for a construction company in relation to a dispute with the Roads and Traffic Authority in relation to the North Kiama Bypass;
- acting for a first tier accounting firm on a claim for a negligence claim and in breach of the Corporations Act 2001 in relation to the issue of prospectus;
- acting for a first tier construction concern in a complex engineering design dispute regarding the construction of a coffer dam;
- acting for an international software company in relation to a dispute concerning the implementation of information technology services in the telecommunications sector; and
- acting for a construction company in relation to a series of major disputes including the constructions of the City West Link.