Our insolvency team has extensive experience and is well known to leading insolvency firms. Members of our insolvency team have experience spanning from the fall out from the 1987 stock market crash to the present.
We have worked on matters of various sizes, in many industries. Our expertise has enabled us to provide strategic advice on all aspects of insolvency, including complex litigation and dispute resolution. We have worked under third party funding arrangements where practicable.
- Voluntary administrations, receiverships and liquidations
- Statutory Demands
- ATO notices and claims against directors
- Bankruptcy and Part Enforcement of securities
- PPSA issues
- Directors duties issues
- Professional negligence relating to failed companies
- ASIC inquiries and claims
Examples of our experience are:
- Advising Minara Resources in the fall out from the collapse of Centaur Mining & Exploration
- Acting for Ansett following its collapse in 2001
- Acting for Pyramid in the final resolution of its liquidation
- Acting for the Receivers and Managers of AWM and Willow, mortgage broking businesses, in respect of sale of assets
- Acted for Beachblast Holdings, a property developer, in negotiations with the Receivers and Managers of Fincorp in respect of a residential and commercial development project
- Acted for landlord of Lincraft
- Acting for the court appointed receivers, then administrators of Painaway Australia in a successful intellectual property dispute and a consequent deed of company arrangement
- Acted for administrators of Dial-A-Coach tourism services
- Acting for the liquidator of Newtronics, a subsidiary of a large Austrian conglomerate in respect of the enforcement of a promise of support and various claims against the director
- Acting for the administrators of AE&E Australia, a large project management company.