We have in-depth expertise in dealing with contractual disputes including:
- contracts for the sale of shares and businesses;
- joint venture agreements;
- supply contracts;
- agreements relating to the purchase and sale of property;
- licence agreements.
Our expertise includes acting in respect of claims relating to the interpretation of ambiguous contracts, claims for performance, rectification, termination and discharge of contracts, claims for damages, claims for breach and for equitable remedies arising in relation to contract.
We have successfully applied alternate dispute resolution techniques to resolve contract disputes and have litigated many cases, some of which are reported, in the Supreme Courts and Federal Courts.
Examples of our experience:
- defending a listed Australian steel manufacturer in relation to the interpretation of a contract for the supply of iron ore;
- representing Local Government in relation to breaches of a licensing agreement regarding the commercialisation of intellectual property;
- defending a big four accounting firm in Federal Court Proceedings relating to breach of warranties for the sale of a share registry business;
- representing a vendor in Supreme Court proceedings for breach of a warranty debenture in relation to the sale of a business;
- representing a listed steel manufacturer in Federal Court proceedings and a successful mediation involving damages for breach of a contract of carriage by sea;
- acting for a funds management company in relation to the interpretation of a trust deed;
- acting for a borrower in Supreme Court proceedings relating to the interpretation of a guarantee.